- n a statute in draft before it becomes law
they held a public hearing on the bill
- n an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered
he paid his bill and left
- n a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank)
- n the entertainment offered at a public presentation
- n an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
- n a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement
- n a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare)
- n a long-handled saw with a curved blade
he used a bill to prune branches off of the tree
- n a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes
he pulled down the bill of his cap and trudged ahead
- n horny projecting mouth of a bird
- v demand payment
We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights
- v advertise especially by posters or placards
He was billed as the greatest tenor since Caruso
- v publicize or announce by placards
- Viewpoint: If the President is so committed to blocking the bloated farm bill, why is he doing so little to get Congress to sustain his veto?.
News & Articles
- Bill Nye the Science Guy brings his smarts to your smartphone
When "Bill Nye the Science Guy" went on the air in 1993, one of the smartest smartphones around was an $899 brick-sized contraption called the Simon Personal Communicator. Today, Simon is ancient history — but Bill Nye's smarts are still circulating, on video, on the Web, and now on the latest generation of smartphones and tablets.The Bill Nye the Science Guy app — introduced this month by ...
June 20, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Bill Rancic Explains Why Some Reality Show Winners "Fade Away," Has Adorable Moment With Wife Giuliana—Watch Now!
Bill Rancic—swoon. But before we get to why Giuliana Rancic's hubby—and today's E! News guest cohost—is so adorable, here's what the first-ever winner...
June 20, 2013 - E! Online
- Bill allowing new Coconino College taxes vetoed
Bill allowing new Coconino College taxes vetoed PHOENIX (AP) — Gov. Jan Brewer has flexed her fiscal conservative muscles by vetoing a bill that would have allowed Coconino Community College to seek voter approval to permanently increase its primary property tax rate.
June 20, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Samuel Alito in Boston Globe
A provision in the Bill of Rights that protects a right that is fundamental from an American perspective applies equally to the federal government and the states,he wrote.
- Barack Obama in CNN (blog)
Let me be clear: [Well owner] BP is responsible for this leak. BP will be paying the bill. But as president of the United States, I'm going to spare no effort to respond to this crisis for as long as it continues,Obama said.
- Linda Lingle in CNN
I am vetoing this bill because I have become convinced that this issue is of such significant societal importance that it deserves to be decided directly by all the people of Hawaii,Lingle said. "The subject of this legislation has touched...