- n the most extreme possible amount or value
- n the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- n the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development
the peak of perfection
summer was at its peak
- n the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill)
the view from the peak was magnificent
- n a V shape
- n the highest point (of something)
at the peak of the pyramid
- n a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes
- v to reach the highest point; attain maximum intensity, activity
That wild, speculative spirit peaked in 1929
- A very nice analogy from one Chris Cook: The subject of "peak oil" is usually misrepresented to mean "oil is running out" but in fact means that, "while there may be plenty of oil .
- Soldiers firing automatic rifles at the crowd of protesters was the bloody peak of a day that mixed the tragic with the surreal as ousted Honduran President Manuel Zelaya tried to .
- It's the End of Oil World oil production is about to reach a peak and go into its final decline.
News & Articles
- Peak Receives Exchange Approval for CHF Investor Relations Agreement
Peak Positioning Technologies Inc. today announced that it has received TSX Venture Exchange approval for the investor relations agreement between Peak and CHF Investor Relations announced on May 28, 2013. ...
June 21, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Cloud Peak to Develop Mine in PRB
Cloud Peak Energy received approval to start exploration and development work in a coal mine located in Crow Indian Reservation.
June 21, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Cloud Peak Energy gets approval for deal with Crow Tribe
Cloud Peak Energy announced that the U.S. Department of Interior, has approved the option to lease agreement and exploration agreement signed by the Crow Tribe of Indians and a wholly-owned subsidiary ...
June 20, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Serena Williams in ABC Online
It definitely wasn't easy. I worked really hard,Williams said. "I'm hoping to still peak in the final. I won't know until I play. Hopefully I can serve better than I did and just be more consistent. On paper it looks like I should win. But...
- Arjen Robben in The Associated Press
I am not yet at my peak, but that is because, every now and then, I still feel pain,Robben said. "I can play, but it is just that I still play with pain." "It is getting better, but it has not been ideal."
- President Bush in AFP
Bush said to reach the 2025 goal, "we will need to more rapidly slow the growth of power-sector greenhouse gas emissions so that they peak within 10 to 15 years, and decline thereafter."