- n a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank)
- Measuring in at roughly the size of a sheet of legal paper, the world's largest single banknote is the 100,000-peso note created by the government of the Philippines in 1998.
- Measuring in at roughly the size of a sheet of legal paper, the world's largest single banknote is the 100,000-peso note created by the government of the Philippines in 1998 .
- The largest banknote ever issued by the Bank of England was the 1,000,000 note, issued in 1948 as a temporary measure during the postwar reconstruction in the Marshall Plan.
News & Articles
- Here are the nine most beautiful banknotes in the world
And that’s beauty not as judged by our own whimsical criteria, but as determined by no less august a body than the International Bank Note Society (IBNS), which each year names a “banknote of the year.” It ...
June 21, 2013 - Quartz via Yahoo! Finance
- Group François-Charles Oberthur Announces the Setup of a Banknote Production Joint-Venture Project with the Printing ...
PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Group François-Charles Oberthur (FCO Group) today announces the signature of an agreement with the Printing Works of the Bulgarian National Bank (PWBNB) to create a joint venture based in Sofia. The new entity, named “Oberthur Fiduciaire AD”, will be exclusively dedicated to banknote production. “After doubling our banknote production and delivering a record 4.2 billion ...
June 19, 2013 - Business Wire
- Austria corruption crackdown spreading its net wide
By Michael Shields VIENNA (Reuters) - Suspicions of bribery at Austria's central bank have dragged it into a nationwide crackdown on corruption that has shaken confidence in the country's highest ranks of power and prestige. Vienna prosecutors this week charged nine people, including the deputy governor of the Austrian National Bank, over suspected bribes and kickbacks for banknote contracts ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- David Dodge in Canada.com
We believe that they will prove to be a critical step in the fight against the serious threat posed by counterfeiters,Dodge said. "Banknote counterfeiting results in a loss of confidence in Canada's paper money and can undermine the...
- Gary Filmon in Canada NewsWire (press release)
With Pollard Banknote strongly poised for continued growth in 2009 and beyond, I feel this is a good time to step down. With strong leadership, the organization's future is in good hands,said Mr. Filmon. "It has been a pleasure to serve...