- n an injury to living tissue (especially an injury involving a cut or break in the skin)
- n a casualty to military personnel resulting from combat
- n a figurative injury (to your feelings or pride)
he feared that mentioning it might reopen the wound
deep in her breast lives the silent wound
The right reader of a good poem can tell the moment it strikes him that he has taken an immortal wound--that he will never get over it"--Robert Frost
- n the act of inflicting a wound
- v cause injuries or bodily harm to
- v hurt the feelings of
- v to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course
- v extend in curves and turns
- v arrange or or coil around
- v catch the scent of; get wind of
- v coil the spring of (some mechanical device) by turning a stem
- v form into a wreath
- v raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help
- s put in a coil
- He began his career as a dishwasher, did military service in the kitchen and wound up as an apprentice at El Bulli, which is Catalan for small bulldog.
- By comparing the wound with wounds documented in medical records from the American Civil War, a time before antibiotics, Churchill hypothesized that Shanidar 3 probably died within .
- SBVT alleges that the wound was a minor, self-inflicted scratch.
News & Articles
- Girl, 12, dies from gunshot wound in Providence
Girl, 12, dies from gunshot wound in Providence
June 16, 2013 - The Providence Journal
- Man suffers graze wound in Grand Boulevard neighborhood
A 23-year man suffered a graze wound in his right calf Thursday night in a shooting in the Grand Boulevard neighborhood on the South Side. He was shot about 8:15 p.m. in the 5000 block of South King Drive, Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said. Information on the man’s condition was not immediately available. Area South detectives were investigating. …
June 14, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Advanced Wound Management Market to 2019 - Increasing Incidence of Diabetes Leading to Chronic Wounds in Emerging ...
NEW YORK, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Advanced Wound Management Market to 2019 - Increasing Incidence of Diabetes ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Jesse Jackson in NECN
They're hurt because they lost a son. But the wound is now being kept open by the mystery and unanswered questions of the cause of death,Jackson said.
- Pope Benedict XVI in International Herald Tribune
We will absolutely exclude pedophiles from the sacred ministry,Benedict said, speaking in English. "It is more important to have good priests than many priests. We will do everything possible to heal this wound."
- Jerry Reese in New York Times
Dr. Rodeo believes Plaxico would be out at least four to six weeks with the gunshot wound,Reese said in a statement. "I had two conversations with Plaxico today, and it was obvious that he understood the magnitude of this situation. He...