- n feeling a need to see others suffer
- n malevolence by virtue of being malicious or spiteful or nasty
- v hurt the feelings of
- In spite or because of that, My Winnipeg is a trip: a "docufantasia" that mixes the city's history with Maddin family values.
- One thing all meteorologists are agreed about: in spite of a widely held popular notion, man's tinkering with atomic energy has nothing to do with the funny weather.
- This is why the fair survives, drawing an estimated 150 million visitors in counties and states across the country each summer, in spite of theme parks and arcades of infinitely .
News & Articles
- Letter: Protection for privacy trade doesn't work
In spite of his previous testimony to Congress, director of National Intelligence James Clapper now acknowledges the government is recording every phone conversation and every email sent or received by every American every single day.
June 18, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- Lazer Sport Helium helmet review
First off, for a top-of-the-range helmet and in spite of its name, the Lazer Sport Helium isn’t helium-light, our medium size model weighing 299g, considerably more than the claimed 260g. Secondly, when you’re wearing it you really don’t notice those 39g – or the 100g or so extra it carries compared with today’s lightest lids. What you do notice is its airy feel, thanks to its 19 large vents ...
June 18, 2013 - BikeRadar
- McMinn schools see tiny surplus
In spite of an additional $105,000 drop in state funding, the McMinn County School System\'s 2013-14 budget is still expected to see a small surplus.
June 17, 2013 - The Daily Post-Athenian
- Barack Obama in Scotsman
Obama said his mission was to restore "that American promise that pushes us forward even when the path is uncertain; that binds us together in spite of our differences; that makes us fix our eye not on what is seen, but what is unseen, that better...
- Sarah Palin in Salon
I was expecting quite a few protests,said Palin, who was accompanied by her daughter Willow. "It's been nothing but absolute loveliness here in this part of California, in spite of some of the hoopla around this dinner."
- Lionel Richie in Sunderland Echo
Her pregnancy has given her a new perspective on life in general,Richie said, adding: "In spite of what has happened, I continue to love her and cherish our relationship."