- n an unforeseen development
- n an interpretation of a text or action
- n any clever maneuver
- n the act of rotating rapidly
it broke off after much twisting
- n a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments
- n a sharp bend in a line produced when a line having a loop is pulled tight
- n a circular segment of a curve
- n a miniature whirlpool or whirlwind resulting when the current of a fluid doubles back on itself
- n a jerky pulling movement
- n a hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair
- n social dancing in which couples vigorously twist their hips and arms in time to the music; was popular in the 1960s
they liked to dance the twist
- n the act of winding or twisting
- n turning or twisting around (in place)
with a quick twist of his head he surveyed the room
- v to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
- v cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
twist the dough into a braid
- v turn in the opposite direction
twist one's head
- v form into a spiral shape
The cord is all twisted
- v form into twists
- v extend in curves and turns
the path twisted through the forest
- v do the twist
- v twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates
- v practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive
Don't twist my words
- v twist suddenly so as to sprain
The wrestler twisted his shoulder
- In Munich, teen-agers sport peppermint-striped skirts whose hems bear the legend "Achtung, es wird getwistet" (Watch out, we're doing the twist) and wiggle to the recorded.
- But there is a twist to the tale.
- The twist here is that a buzzer sounds at random intervals.
News & Articles
- H: 86° | L: 61°
The Little Red Chef's Twist and Chop is kind of like the Slap Chop but instead as the name implies, you twist. Personal Chef Ruthie... The oil and gas industry is changing on the High Plains. "The drilling intensity in the northeastern panhandle has about run its course," Wayne Hughes,...
June 18, 2013 - KAMR Amarillo
- H: 93° | L: 85°
The Little Red Chef's Twist and Chop is kind of like the Slap Chop but instead as the name implies, you twist. Personal Chef Ruthie... General Motors is recalling almost 194,000 SUVs in the United States because an electronic module could short circuit, causing a fire.
June 17, 2013 - KAMR Amarillo
- M. Night Shyamalan Lied About Writing ‘She’s All That,’ Says Screenwriter
In a twist worthy of one of his films, it turns out that M. Night Shyamalan may not have ghostwritten the 1999 teen comedy She’s All That after all. The film’s credited screenwriter, R. Lee Fleming, responded to a fan on Twitter and said that Shymalan wrote the film “only in his mind.” The tweet has since... Read more » M. Night Shyamalan Lied About Writing ‘She’s All That,’ Says Screenwriter is ...
June 17, 2013 - The Inquisitr