- n any of numerous relatively small elongated soft-bodied animals especially of the phyla Annelida and Chaetognatha and Nematoda and Nemertea and Platyhelminthes; also many insect larvae
- n a person who has a nasty or unethical character undeserving of respect
- n a software program capable of reproducing itself that can spread from one computer to the next over a network
worms take advantage of automatic file sending and receiving features found on many computers
- n screw thread on a gear with the teeth of a worm wheel or rack
- v to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
- The only way to counter the painful and debilitating Guinea worm parasite is for everyone to share responsibility for stopping its spread.
- The research subjects ranged from cannibalistic flatworms to elderly patients in a Canadian psychiatric hospital.
- A single worm can do the whole job and sometimes produces several billion eggs in its lifetime.
News & Articles
- Old Creamery Theatre to open ’Diary of a Worm, a Spider and a Fly’
The Old Creamery Theatre will host ’Diary of a Worm, a Spider and a Fly’ June 15 through June 29 on the Main Stage in Amana.
June 13, 2013 - The Iowa City Press-Citizen
- Sedalia Public Library Summer Reading Program
Jack Hayes shows the kids how to prepare the bedding for a miniature indoor worm farm that will digest certain kinds of kitchen waste and convert it into a fertilizer. "A worm will eat twice its body weight in a week," he said.
June 13, 2013 - Sedalia Democrat
- Worm Wars
Older elementary school pupils from St. Clair watch and cheer on Thursday afternoon as they participate in worm races at the St. Clair branch of the Scenic Regional Library. The activity was part of the Kids Club, which provides events for children on a weekly basis.
June 9, 2013 - The Missourian
- Mikko Hypponen in Forbes
The bottom line is you couldn't use a vulnerability like this to write a worm or hack a Vista system remotely,Hypponen said Tuesday. "It only has historical significance in that it's the first reported vulnerability that also affects...
- Jimmy Carter in FOXNews
Our record on Guinea worm for the last few years has been steadily and rapidly downward,Carter said.
- Ron Wilson in CBC.ca
Maybe the worm is finally turning for us,Toronto coach Ron Wilson said. "We've been outshooting everybody and we've got a couple of really confident guys in [Kessel] and Hagman, who have just found a way to get in the net."