- v to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
The prisoner writhed in discomfort
- While the women writhe, their husbands too are profiting by the sitting-up exercises (they do not exercise, naturally; it is hard to roll about on the floor and at the same time .
- One day after a charity event, she said her dress had been so scratchy she wanted to giggle, wriggle her shoulders and writhe.
- In response, players such as Portugal's young sensation Cristiano Ronaldo have learned to dive and writhe on the ground the instant an opponent is within spitting range.
News & Articles
- Justin Timberlake's ‘Tunnel Vision’ Music Video
Justin Timberlake is taking the risqué cover art for his new single “Tunnel Vision” to a whole new – or perhaps we should say nude – level. In the just-released, NSFW music video, the singer performs the track as naked women writhe around him. Collaborator Timbaland also appears, but he — like Timberlake — remains fully clothed. Hours after the graphic video’s release, it was removed from ...
July 4, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Scarlett Johansson in The Sweet Science
Asked to elaborate, Johansson said, "You have about 10 electricians chewing on sandwiches and staring at you as you writhe around. Then you have the director shouting at you."