plait : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair
- n any of various types of fold formed by doubling fabric back upon itself and then pressing or stitching into shape
- v make by braiding or interlacing
- v weave into plaits
- A tongue of ribbon mischievously peeped out of Sally's luxuriant plait.
- The subjects reverently sat down on mats made from plaited reeds and prayed for their new born prince.
- The reporter asked Celine whether it takes a long time to plait her hair into corn rows.
- Steve Coppell in ITV.com
At half-time I told them the effort was incredible - it was like they were trying to plait spaghetti - they worked so hard to stay in the game,Coppell said. "We just needed to restructure."