- n a cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment)
- n a delicate decorative fabric woven in an open web of symmetrical patterns
- v spin,wind, or twist together
- v make by braiding or interlacing
lace a tablecloth
- v do lacework
- v draw through eyes or holes
lace the shoelaces
- v add alcohol to (beverages)
- Virtually all lace today is made on machines.
- The boldest of the Wanna Be's prowl thrift shops looking for ancient, bulletproof black lace bras and corsets, which they wear slapdash under any sort of gauzy shirt or found-in .
- High collars at Christian Lacroix, lots of lace at Louis Vuitton--there's no question that Edwardian style is a top trend for fall.
News & Articles
- Take a walk with Edmonds senior club
Summer's here. There're no more excuses. Lace up your walking shoes and join Edmonds Senior Center's Step Out Edmonds Walking Club. The club, sponsored by Fairwinds Brighton Court and the city of Edmonds, is open to ages 50 and older.
June 26, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Sandra Bullock dons lace and leather to 'The Heat' premiere (Poll)
Sandra Bullock wore a lace and leather Ermanno Scervino gown to the New York premiere of 'The Heat' - Like her look?
June 24, 2013 - OnTheRedCarpet.com
- Lace Meets Energetic Patterns - RELLECIGA's Latest Lace Bikinis
HONG KONG, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether at the beach, the pool or even the street, spicy girls in sexy bikinis can be found in summer, and this year, lace elements are in the eye of the bikini ...
June 21, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Venus Williams in JOE
It's really about the illusion,Venus told grossed-out reporters. "Like you can wear lace, but what's the point of wearing lace when there's just black under?"
- Jim Bob Duggar in Washington Post
We'd love to have more,Michelle said, adding that the girls are outnumbered seven to 10 in the family. "We love the ruffles and lace."
- Jim Courier in SI.com
Pete's got a great connection with tennis fans in this country. People will enjoy seeing Pete really lace it up and go for it with his 'A' game,Courier said. "Exhibitions are all fine and well and they definitely have their place....