- n a hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair
- n trimming used to decorate clothes or curtains
- v make by braiding or interlacing
- v decorate with braids or ribbons
braid a collar
- v form or weave into a braid or braids
- THE AFRO-BRAID, a short Afro combined with a layer of small braids in the front.
- ARMY NAVY The Navy's consumption of gold braid is decreasing.
- A spa treatment in Israel involves a writhing braid of live snakes.
News & Articles
- 1 Braid, 3 Ways: Rachel Zoe's DreamDry Re-Imagines the Braided Crown
(Photo by Getty) Minka Kelly's stunning braided crown at the Met Gala was one of the inspiration's for DreamDry's new style, The Bianca. Because Pinterest tutorials can only get you so far—let's face it, no matter how many failed attempts we make, some of us just can't learn coordination— DreamDry , Rachel Zoe's fashion-forward blowdry and styling bar , is here to the rescue! Starting today, the ...
June 12, 2013 - StyleBistro
- GIF Hair Tutorial: The Anti–Game of Thrones Braid
In a new series, hairstylist Wesley O'Meara helps us understand the art of hairstyling through step-by-step moving images. Here, O'Meara walks us through a ribbon-woven braided look that his clients (like Oliva Wilde and Alexa Chung) have been asking for. The look is a lot less Game of Thrones–y and ... More »
June 12, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Media Advisory: MP Peter Braid to Participate in Aga Khan Foundation Canada World Partnership Walk in Kitchener
Peter Braid, Member of Parliament for Kitchener-Waterloo, will deliver remarks during the opening ceremonies of the Aga Khan Foundation Canada World Partnership Walk in Kitchener. This is a large-scale, ...
June 7, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance