- n a painful injury to a joint caused by a sudden wrenching of its ligaments
- v twist suddenly so as to sprain
the hikers sprained their ankles when they fell
- Not only was everyone afraid of giving Barack a fat lip before a possible victory speech to the entire world, but also, no one there wanted to sprain an ankle or something.
- A lot of injuries happen when people hit the ground and sprain an ankle or break a leg because they came in out of control.
- Out of an abundance of caution, she decided to leave the event and visit the local hospital for x-rays where she was treated for a minor sprain.
News & Articles
- McAllister plays catch; finger sprain improving
Zach McAllister has been on the 15-day disabled list since June 3 because of a right middle finger sprain, and the Indians right-hander said the swelling has gone down and that he's feeling better every day.
June 16, 2013 - Cleveland Indians
- Sprain idles Cubs' DeJesus
The Chicago Cubs have placed outfielder David DeJesus on the 15-day disabled list after he sprained his right shoulder running into the center-field wall Friday night.
June 16, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Youkilis to go back on DL with a lumbar sprain
The New York Yankees have placed third baseman Kevin Youkilis on the disabled list with a lumbar spine sprain, according to Star-Ledger reporter Andy McCullough.
June 14, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Mike Krzyzewski in Los Angeles Times
He thinks it'sa mild sprain,Coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "Our trainers think it'sa mild sprain. So we'll find out tomorrow. But I don't think it's anything serious. Obviously, we'll look and see what happens tomorrow."
- Kirk Ferentz in ESPN
The bad news is it's a severe sprain,Ferentz said. "My guess is he'll be out of action here the next couple weeks." "If they've X-rayed it, I've got to think it's fairly serious. ...... It takes time for those things to get right....
- Carmelo Anthony in Washington Post
We got time,Anthony said. "I think it's just a little mild ankle sprain. We got time. We need him to rest. We don't need him right now. We need him on Aug. 10."