eddy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n founder of Christian Science in 1866 (1821-1910)
- n a miniature whirlpool or whirlwind resulting when the current of a fluid doubles back on itself
- v flow in a circular current, of liquids
- There have been times in the history of art when progress stoppeda kind of eddy, a period of confusion.
- This was significant because in previous attempts to reduce drag, the water would run quickly down the body and then form an eddy that would literally pull the swimmer backwards.
News & Articles
- Eddy County History: Carlsbad's rodeo love affair goes back a long time
Originally called "cowboy contests," rodeos have a long standing history in Eddy County. Traditionally held around July Fourth, cowboys and cowgirls complete for prize money, buckles, horse trailers and, in some cases, decked out pick-up trucks.
June 23, 2013 - Carlsbad Current-Argus
- Marcia Jo Eddy Blair
Marcia Jo Eddy Blair, 59, of Waynesburg, died at 9:35 a.m. Wednesday, June 12, 2013, in her home.
June 21, 2013 - Greene County Messenger
- Eddy County Sheriff: Xcel worker electrocuted while fixing power lines
An Xcel Energy employee working on power lines Saturday died of electrocution, according to a report from the Eddy County Sheriff's Office.
June 19, 2013 - Carlsbad Current-Argus
- George Jones in FOXNews
When I was about 15 years old, all I ever sang was Eddy Arnold's stuff _ `Room Full of Roses,' `I'm Throwing Rice,' I remember all of his songs,said country legend George Jones. "It would be just about my whole show until I heard Hank...
- Becky Hammon in USA Today
It was our defense, definitely,Hammon said. "Eddy (Lawson-Wade) was great, Chamique was great. We got our hands on a lot of balls. Basketball is a game of runs, and when you get that emotional high going, it can snowball. Today, it...