- v make formless
the heat deformed the plastic sculpture
- v twist and press out of shape
- v cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
- v become misshapen
The sidewalk deformed during the earthquake
- v alter the shape of (something) by stress
His body was deformed by leprosy
- v assume a different shape or form
- Spoons vigorously stroked all the way to a high polish don't deform unless a little actual physical bending is applied, but that fact doesn't interfere with the parties taking .
- This job is given to children as young as four years old, whose small bodies are light enough not to deform the still-soft bricks.
- This thing that terrifies us, this face upon which we lay so much stress is something they have always wanted to deform, by hair, by shaving, by every possible means.
News & Articles
- Snake fungus found in Tennessee
The malady can interfere with a snake's vision and, in some cases, can deform a snake's head, making it difficult for it to feed.
June 11, 2013 - WVLT-TV Knoxville
- Apple secures patent for button overlay on multi-touch displays
Apple has won a US patent on an accessory that adds tactile buttons to the display of a multi-touch device. AppleInsider notes that the accessory would use suction to stick to a screen, and feature buttons that deform and spring back as they're pushed. To actually register touch input, tiny rubber or metal pucks might be embedded into the buttons. Some buttons could be used as finger rests, and ...
June 11, 2013 - MacNN