- n confused movement
he was caught up in a whirl of work
- n the shape of something rotating rapidly
- n a usually brief attempt
I gave it a whirl
- n the act of rotating rapidly
- v turn in a twisting or spinning motion
- v cause to spin
- v flow in a circular current, of liquids
- v revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis
The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy
- v fly around
rising smoke whirled in the air
- Athens: Pimenidis Travel tel: (30-210) 533 2419 Take a low-flying whirlybird over the new Olympic Games playing fields as well as Western civilization's nursery, at $538 per person .
- Even Californians, who love nothing better than a noisy, unorthodox, whirling political campaign, had to confess to a feeling of bleary-eyed dizziness.
- In a whirl of morning excitement, with papers claiming the photo offered "fresh hope" and a "new lead," the word from the McCann camp was all about patience and calm.
News & Articles
- Owning a Piece of the Sun
Save the planet, turn a profit. That’s the thinking of Mosaic, a company that lets you invest in solar panels, and promises a pretty decent return. Daniel Gross gives it a whirl.
June 18, 2013 - Newsweek
- Predicting the Biggest Blunders of the 2013 NBA Draft
Predicting how the 2013 NBA draft will unfold is tough, but picking out the biggest mistakes of the draft before they even happen? Now that's nearly impossible. Nevertheless, let's give it a whirl. Blunders are made every year when the NBA front offices gather for the purpose of adding talent to the Association. Some players are taken far too early. Others are allowed to slip down the boards ...
June 18, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- NFP Sunday Blitz
Monte Kiffin shares the secrets of a coaching tree; best father-son coaching combos and a whirl around the league.
June 16, 2013 - National Football Post via Yahoo! Sports
- Rick DiPietro in New York Times
I practiced on Monday and Tuesday, and went out and took some shots during the break,DiPietro said, referring to the league's break for Christmas. "We came in today and decided to give it a whirl."
- Tommy Morrison in ESPN
I decided to give it a final whirl in 2008,Morrison said. "I just started training after the holidays, but I'm at the point where I have to do it now, if I'm going to do it at all. My girlfriend got tired of me sitting around the house all...
- Geoffrey Rush in Los Angeles Daily News
It made us feel like very good boys,says Geoffrey Rush, "to have this Tasmanian devil whirl into the set and whirl out again two days later," says Geoffrey Rush.