- n the shape of something rotating rapidly
- n a powerful circular current of water (usually the result of conflicting tides)
- Mike Nelson epa Corbis Plastic bags, plastic bottles, plastic toys even last year's Crocs end up in the shifting vortex, which some scientists estimate to be twice the .
- If the polar vortex breaks up before the sun rises after months of darkness to trigger the reaction, there will be no hole this year.
- Did wake vortex contribute to the crash of USAir Flight 427?.
- Greg Kinnear in Washington Post
People trying to keep it together in spite of a swirling vortex of despair they find themselves in is always something that sparks me,Kinnear says wryly. "I don't know what specifically it is that I'm drawn to, but I always feel like I...
- Kurt Busch in Motorsport.com
It was a great effort by our Miller Lite Vortex Dodge team,Busch said of his third career top-five finish and eighth career top-10 here at MIS. "We had a strong car early on. It seems like we lost a little bit of speed as the race went on,...
- Michael Chiklis in San Jose Mercury News
He's in that vortex, and he's swimming,Chiklis explains.