- n gold or silver wire thread
- n a basic knitting stitch
- v flow in a circular current, of liquids
- v make a murmuring sound
the water was purling
- v knit with a purl stitch
- v edge or border with gold or silver embroidery
- v embroider with gold or silver thread
- It scans a design electronically, then out of its computer brain come punched tapes that control the pattern of the material and tell each needle when to knit or purl.
- To city dwellers, the drowsy county of Kent means perfect peace and perfect quiet, dozing to the murmuring of bees, the lowing of cattle, the gentle purl of streams like the .
- It took a discerning ear to separate the sound of an opening lotus from the purl of a fish lazily waking to his morning meal or the plip of a dewdrop on a mossy stone.
News & Articles
- Knit & Purl - Beginner's Class
Knit & Purl is designed with the newbie knitter in mind. In two hours, learn how to cast on, knit, and purl; everything you need to know to make beautiful, wearable accessories and garments.
June 22, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh