convolute : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v curl, wind, or twist together
- v practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive
- s rolled longitudinally upon itself
a convolute petal
- The Gorilla of Wall Street, as Fuld was known, steered Lehman deep into the business of subprime mortgages, bankrolling lenders across the country that were making convoluted loans .
- From their agreement sprang one of the most convoluted conspiracies since Guy Fawkes schemed in 1605 to blow up the English Parliament with 36 barrels of gunpowder.
- The most recent bubble offered CDOs, Option ARMS, Structured Notes and a virtual lexicon of complex and convoluted financing.