- n the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals
he has a cold in the nose
- n a front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft)
the nose of the rocket heated up on reentry
- n the front or forward projection of a tool or weapon
he ducked under the nose of the gun
- n a small distance
my horse lost the race by a nose
- n a symbol of inquisitiveness
keep your nose out of it
- n the sense of smell (especially in animals)
the hound has a good nose
- n a natural skill
he has a nose for good deals
- n a projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged
- v search or inquire in a meddlesome way
- v advance the forward part of with caution
She nosed the car into the left lane
- v catch the scent of; get wind of
The dog nosed out the drugs
- v push or move with the nose
- v rub noses
- v defeat by a narrow margin
- He then injects a filler fluid called hyaluronic acid into her nose and chin and pinches them into shape.
- Rhinoplasty is the flossy name that surgeons give to fixing up noses.
- Your nose is one of the less complicated parts of your body, and yet we credit it with considerable intelligence in the area of truth vs.
News & Articles
- Dodgers and D-back's coaches in middle of brawl
Kirk Gibson and Mark McGwire gripped each other's tops and faced off nose to nose as the nasty brawl escalated.
June 12, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Rhinoplasty, or Nose Reshaping, Provides Most Cosmetic and Emotional Benefit when Expectations are Clear and Realistic
TARRYTOWN, N.Y., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rhinoplasty, or a "nose job," is the second most commonly performed cosmetic surgical procedure in the United States, but is also a complex surgery ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Nobody Nose: Anchor Mysteriously Leaks Blood During Live Broadcast
Forget technical difficulties; here's an example of physical difficulties. During a recent on-air sign-off for French-Canadian RDI news anchor Alexis de Lancer , things got a bit bloody. As the anchor read his lines to camera, his nose began to mysteriously leak blood.
June 10, 2013 - Mediaite
- Halle Berry in Holy Moly (blog)
We were going through pictures to see which ones looked silly, and one of my Jewish friends said (of the big-nose picture), 'That could be your Jewish cousin!' And I guess it was fresh in my mind, and it just came out of my mouth,said Halle,...
- Joran van der Sloot in The Pulse
Van der Sloot said in the transcripts: "At that moment impulsively, with my right elbow I hit her in the face exactly on top of the nose. There was blood everywhere. What am I going to do now; I had blood on my shirt. There was also blood on the...
- Michael Steele in UPI.com
Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele Monday said Democrats were "thumbing their nose and flipping the bird to the American people," The Washington Post said.