injure : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause injuries or bodily harm to
- v hurt the feelings of
- v cause damage or affect negatively
- It's a shocking statistic, and, according to a July 2006 report from the National Academies of Science's Institute of Medicine (IOM), preventable medication mistakes also injure .
- Truck crashes kill over 5,000 people and injure over 100,000 annually.
- An analysis of the data Nock has compiled in his years of research reveals that some 10% to 20% of adolescents who injure themselves have inserted objects beneath their skin.
- Nicholas Scoppetta in 940 News
Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta said the rescue was "a painstaking hand operation, as we try to remove the rubble so we don't cause further collapse or injure anyone who may still be in that building."
- Phil Mickelson in Arizona Republic
Well, it's disappointing to dream as a kid about winning the US Open and spend all this time getting ready for it and have the course setup injure you,Mickelson said.
- Amare Stoudemire in NBA.com
It was a purpose kick to the Achilles' and he definitely tried to injure me,Stoudemire said of Bowen.