meander : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a bend or curve, as in a stream or river
- n an aimless amble on a winding course
- v to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course
the path meanders through the vineyards
- The anecdotes are instructive and appalling; and if they meander off the immediate talking point of the trillions the banks took in bailout money last year and the billions they .
- Instead, he studies the geological features of the streambed to determine its ideal "meander geometry"the way the stream should flowthus preventing sediment buildup that .
- She can belt out a tune, such as her gutsy gospel take on Pete Seeger's 'Oh, Had I a Golden Thread', or go on a gentler vocal meander, as on her virtuoso version of 'Over the .
News & Articles
- A noteworthy summer — No shortage of free outdoor concerts on tap
Music will meander over every nook and cranny of Livingston County almost every night of the week this summer.
June 17, 2013 - Livingston County Daily Press & Argus
- 3 ETF Categories Correct 10% Or More
NEW YORK (ETF Expert) -- A fellow money manager recently tweeted, "I'm praying for bad econ news so that the Fed will keep buying bonds. I don't know what else to pray for." I felt the writer's pseudo-pain and promptly bit down on my lower lip. After all, think about what we celebrate in the investment universe today. We want the economy to sputter or meander, just so our central bank will push ...
June 14, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Matthew Hayden in AFP
It is going to be very interesting. In India, the game can seem to meander for quite a while before suddenly changing in a session,said Hayden, who has so far scored 8,242 runs in 94 Tests with 30 centuries. "So patience is very important...
- Jeffrey Toobin in CNN
This may be the most ridiculous legal proceeding I have ever watched,Toobin said. "This judge is one of the least competent judges I have ever seen. He is letting this thing meander all over creation, mostly because he seems to enjoy being...
- Bono in USA Today
We had to learn a lot before we could do this,Bono, 48, says. "Normally, you zone in on a particular area and make it your own. On this, we seemed to be able to meander from joy to despair, from introspection to exhibitionism. And there's...