- n United States actor (born in Ireland); father of Georgiana Emma Barrymore (1827-1862)
- v cause to move by pulling
- v get or derive
He drew great benefits from his membership in the association
- v make a mark or lines on a surface
- v make, formulate, or derive in the mind
- v bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover
- v represent by making a drawing of, as with a pencil, chalk, etc. on a surface
She drew an elephant
- v take liquid out of a container or well
She drew water from the barrel
- v give a description of
He drew an elaborate plan of attack
- v select or take in from a given group or region
- v elicit responses, such as objections, criticism, applause, etc.
The President's comments drew sharp criticism from the Republicans
The comedian drew a lot of laughter
- v suck in or take (air)
- v move or go steadily or gradually
The ship drew near the shore
- v remove (a commodity) from (a supply source)
She drew $2,000 from the account
The doctors drew medical supplies from the hospital's emergency bank
- v choose at random
- v earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher
He drew a base on balls
- v bring or lead someone to a certain action or condition
- v cause to flow
The nurse drew blood
- v write a legal document or paper
- v engage in drawing
- v move or pull so as to cover or uncover something
- v allow a draft
- v require a specified depth for floating
- v pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him
- v cause to move in a certain direction by exerting a force upon, either physically or in an abstract sense
- v take in, also metaphorically
She drew strength from the minister's words
- v direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes
The store owner was happy that the ad drew in many new customers
- v thread on or as if on a string
the child drew glass beads on a string
- v stretch back a bowstring (on an archer's bow)
- v pass over, across, or through
He drew her hair through his fingers
- v finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.
The teams drew a tie
- v contract
The material drew after it was washed in hot water
- v reduce the diameter of (a wire or metal rod) by pulling it through a die
- v steep; pass through a strainer
- v remove the entrails of
- v flatten, stretch, or mold metal or glass, by rolling or by pulling it through a die or by stretching
- v cause to localize at one point
- Despite the success, the Dodgers drew just over a million fans, second-best in the league but roughly half of what Milwaukee's third-year team drew.
- Obama's youth-oriented campaign drew under-25 voters to Thursday's Iowa caucuses in record numbers, and these first-time voters gave him most of his margin of victory.
- From the second through the 14th issues, Kurtzman wrote and storyboarded every tale, and drew all but one of the covers.
News & Articles
- Maurice Jones-Drew offers message to campers in event at Jackson High
Maurice Jones-Drew's offseason has been deeply embroiled in unwanted distractions.
June 23, 2013 - The Florida Times-Union
- Drew Brees Car Accident Story Is Fake, Says Saints QB
Drew Brees was in a car accident today and may not be able to play in the NFL next season… That was the story that floated around the internet today, but don’t worry Saints fans, your QB is perfectly fine. Brees took to Twitter this afternoon to assure his fans that he was not in... Read more » Drew Brees Car Accident Story Is Fake, Says Saints QB is a post from: The Inquisitr
June 22, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Drew Green busts slump; Raiders win
Prior to Friday evening, Lawrence Raiders catcher Drew Green had struggled at the plate this summer, at least by his standards. It’s safe to say he’s out of a funk. By Benton Smith
June 22, 2013 - Lawrence Journal-World
- Bert van Marwijk in New York Times
After that, I called the team together, told them what I think and then drew a line under it,he said.
- Edmund Hillary in USA Today
We drew closer together as Tenzing brought in the slack on the rope. I continued cutting a line of steps upwards. Next moment I had moved onto a flattish exposed area of snow with nothing by space in every direction,Hillary wrote. "Tenzing...
- Barack Obama in Xinhua
Instead of building a durable framework for the struggle against al-Qaida that drew upon our deeply held values and traditions, our government was defending positions that undermined the rule of law,said Obama.