abridged : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
- v lessen, diminish, or curtail
- a (used of texts) shortened by condensing or rewriting
an abridged version
- A typical abridged audio book runs about six hours.
- An abridged version of President Obama's speech about health care to a joint session of Congress on September 9th, 2009.
- Me and Bernie Madoff on video, abridged .
News & Articles
- Supreme Court Gives Mixed Verdict on Patenting Human Genes
Full genes are not patentable, but court rules that "abridged" non-naturally occurring genes can be patented
June 13, 2013 - AnandTech
- E3 2013: Sony’s Presser Gets The Abridged Treatment
The Xbox One press conference got torn to shreds yesterday as part of VideoGamer’s ongoing abridged series. Now flustered Xbox fans seeking vengeance have something to turn to – the abridged version of Sony’s press conference. Of course, Sony fans …
June 12, 2013 - WebProNews
- “The Complete Works of Wllm Shkspr (abridged)”
“The Complete Works of Wllm Shkspr (abridged)” stars Eric Yazell, of Sedalia, top, Tommy Waller, of Sedalia, and Zach Craft, of Butler.
June 12, 2013 - Sedalia Democrat
- James Madison in renewamerica.us
James Madison said, "The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience, be in any manner, nor on any pretext,...
- Loren Legarda in GMA news.tv
The Patriot Act itself, which I voted against, has already shredded sections of the Constitution and abridged Americans' civil liberties with illegal search and seizure, warrantless wiretaps, and other rights' violations without judicial or... Dennis Kucinich http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Kucinich&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEOi4MANA3SSVDn-TdlcFxMJE6joA Earthtimes.org http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,161067.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEM7-N_uXJdQcw9-Mwb6DHxCb_laA Aug 16, 2007
333 684 abridged Legislation may be needed to guide actions of law enforcers in crisis situations to ensure that the rights of media practitioners to responsibly inform the public on events of national significance are not abridged," Legarda said.