abroad : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s in a foreign country
- r to or in a foreign country
they had never travelled abroad
- r far away from home or one's usual surroundings
- r in a place across an ocean
- A new bill might help more college students study abroad, and in more unconventional locales.
- Kris Pannecoucke Aurora photos Ten years ago, Indian men born or working abroad could almost be assured of meeting a dozen or so possible brides on wife-hunting trips to India .
News & Articles
- India Abroad celebrates Indian-American triumph at glittering event
In a year of countless accomplishments, India Abroad for the first time chose two Indian-American icons as its India Abroad Person of the Year.
June 22, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Study Abroad
HARLAN -- Seven students from Harlan Community High School will be spending part of their summer abroad as participants in the Experiment in International Living (EIL) program. EIL is a study abroad program for high school students. Harlan Community High School students have the chance to go on a trip the summer after they complete their junior year.
June 21, 2013 - The Harlan Tribune
- World Bank to help Bangladeshis prepare for migrant work abroad
DHAKA (Reuters) - The World Bank signed a $2.58 million deal with Bangladesh's biggest non-governmental agency on Friday to help improve prospects for Bangladeshis intending to migrate abroad for work. Under the deal with the BRAC NGO, a pilot project will develop Community Based Organisations to help ensure potential migrants are well informed about states where they seek jobs and help manage ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in The Hill (blog)
Over the remainder of 2008, the effects of monetary policy and fiscal stimulus, a gradual ebbing of the drag from residential construction, further progress in the repair of financial and credit markets, and still-solid demand from abroad should... Ben Bernanke http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsTNLK-7-f3R5-thHohB-P27CEdw MarketWatch http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/bernanke-says-slowdown-bring-inflation/story.aspx%3Fguid%3D%257BB17B9D54-A9A8-4B31-8F65-2AD170A5B561%257D%26dist%3Dmsr_1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFWIb2YzhTIRQsaDOVj8PPueCxOuA Jun 9, 2008
341 689 abroad President Obama has said, We cannot rebuild this economy on the same pile of sand. We must move us from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest; where we consume less at home and send more exports abroad."
- John McCain in Belfast Telegraph
Senator Obama is departing soon on a trip abroad that will include a fact-finding mission to Iraq and Afghanistan,Mr McCain said. "In my experience...... first you assess the facts on the ground, then you present a new strategy."