- v grant remission of a sin to
The priest absolved him and told him to say ten Hail Mary's
- v let off the hook
- s freed from any question of guilt
is absolved from all blame
- A replica of the minutes of trials in which Pope Clement V absolved the Knights of Templar of heresy in 1308.
- The officer was suspended for inappropriate behavior, but was later absolved at a local politician's request.
- Sanford has spent years being absolved of all manner of indiscretions by a coven of equally deluded egos, gathered in prayer that uses Pol Pot as a lesson in leadership, I don't .
News & Articles
- Answers still needed about gas explosion
Grand Junction city officials are understandably relieved that a just-released report has absolved the city of any blame in the March natural gas explosion that destroyed two houses and injured a number of people.
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Sanjay Dutt in Times of India
I respect the decision of the honourable court. I am a law-abiding citizen and I really appreciate that the honourable court absolved me of TADA (Terrorist and Disruptive Activities Act) charges,Dutt told reporters here.
- Allama Iqbal in AFP
This is like a murderer who turns in his weapon and then claims he has been absolved of the crime,said Ashan Iqbal, a spokesman for the party of former premier Nawaz Sharif, a fierce Musharraf rival.
- Aaron Kampman in ESPN
They didn't know what was going on,Kampman said Wednesday. "They need to be completely absolved. And I didn't really know what was going on. Sometimes you just play. You keep playing. And you don't really know what's going on. But it got...