- n the act of harassing someone playfully or maliciously (especially by ridicule); provoking someone with persistent annoyances
- n playful vexation
the parody was just a form of teasing
- n the act of removing tangles from you hair with a comb
- v annoy persistently
- v harass with persistent criticism or carping
- v to arouse hope, desire, or curiosity without satisfying them
She has a way of teasing men with her flirtatious behavior
- v tear into pieces
- v raise the nap of (fabrics)
- v disentangle and raise the fibers of
- v separate the fibers of
- v mock or make fun of playfully
- v ruffle (one's hair) by combing the ends towards the scalp, for a full effect
- s playfully vexing (especially by ridicule)
- s arousing sexual desire without intending to satisfy it
her lazy teasing smile
- s causing irritation or annoyance
a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him
- All month long, Prime Minister Lester Pearson has been playing a teasing game with Canadians.
- She endured the expected teasing over this indignity, but dutifully lugged the name through high school, apologizing for it each time she introduced herself in a new town.
- But he seemed to shrug off the teasing, eating tofu and tempeh like all the other kids, playing soccer and picking guavas from the trees.
News & Articles
- In the News | Sony Finally Shows the PlayStation 4
LOS ANGELES -- Ending months of speculation and teasing, Sony finally showed the form factor of its upcoming PlayStation 4 console at its Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference on Monday evening.
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau after recent workout with Derrick Rose: ‘I think he’s there now’
Derrick Rose and the Bulls organization spent the latter part of the 2013 season tormenting the team’s fan base by teasing them with the possibility, however remote or slight, that he would return to action at some point to give a very gritty Chicago team a much-needed postseason push. It never materialized, of course, and…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProBasketballTalk
- Leica stops teasing us with new ‘Mini M,’ reveals the X Vario with 28-70mm zoom lens
After teasing us for weeks about a new product dubbed the "Mini M," Leica took the wraps off its newest camera, the X Vario. While it shares many design traits with the Leica M, the specs suggests anything but.
June 11, 2013 - Digital Trends