- s playfully vexing (especially by ridicule)
his face wore a somewhat quizzical almost impertinent air"- Lawrence Durrell
- s perplexed (as if being expected to know something that you do not know)
he had a quizzical expression
- But beneath the boyish flop of hair, Mohammed al-Durra's expression is quizzical, seemingly bemused by the crossfire of accusations over .
- A quizzical smile spread across Humphrey's face, then turned to a laugh of triumph.
- A barrel-bodied man with sandy hair and a quizzical smile, Richardson drilled many a dry hole, for years lived on credit in a cheap hotel and ate on credit at a drugstore before .
News & Articles
- Fashion forward? Springfield man first in Ozarks to sport glasses-like wearable computer
MSU web systems analyst Jeff Thomas is one of a few thousand people in the world that has a version of a wearable computer known as Google Glass. SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - Jeff Thomas gets looks nearly everywhere he goes -- some quizzical, others odd, and some simply doing a double take.
June 12, 2013 - KSPR Springfield
- Most Intriguing Free Agents for NY Knicks to Sign with the Mid-Level Exception
In my head, I’ ve always pictured NBA free agency as a bunch of tall dudes sitting on a casting couch. For the most part, that is exactly what it is. In Hollywood, as tabloid articles scream Will Smith’s name as the hot lead actor in “The Pursuit of Happiness,” casting agents hurriedly audition dozens of similarly aged candidates for the role of “the quizzical executive who watches Will Smith’s ...
June 10, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Alan Ashby in TSN
I'm as quizzical about the whole thing as anybody,Ashby, now a radio broadcaster for the Toronto Blue Jays, said Friday. "I'm quite convinced that command in terms of staying away from walks is no better in the game than it's ever been,...
- Ian Fleming in The Mercury (subscription)
Personally I would have been happier if Charlize had gone from Monster to Moneypenny, of whom Ian Fleming wrote in Casino Royale: "M's private secretary would have been desirable but for eyes which were cool and direct and quizzical."
- Barack Obama in San Antonio Express
During the meeting, Alter writes that when Obama spoke, Bush "paid careful attention, as if he knew that here was his successor. When McCain spoke, Bush's face was quizzical and unconvinced, as if he'd eaten something sour."