- n a framework of ribs
- n the act of harassing someone playfully or maliciously (especially by ridicule); provoking someone with persistent annoyances
his ribbing was gentle but persistent
- v form vertical ribs by knitting
- v subject to laughter or ridicule
- He gestures grandly, like an orchestra conductor, at the view: snow clouds roiling down from the crags, avalanche tracks, man-eating crevasses ribbing the glacier.
- What saves the film is its hilarious ribbing of the fight game and fight pictures.
- Kucinich, not surprisingly, gets his share of ribbing, especially from the beefy Texas delegation.
News & Articles
- Coif for Locks of Love
LOS MOLINOS Kenn Nevarez was recently taking a ribbing at work for being a 65- year-old man with long hair when a friend, who knew what his intentions were, approached with a simple question.
June 15, 2013 - Red Bluff Daily News
- How Rock 'N' Roll Can Explain The U.S. Economy
White House economic adviser Alan Krueger took some ribbing from his boss this week. President Obama noted that Krueger will soon be leaving Washington to go back to his old job, teaching economics at Princeton. "And now that Alan has some free time, he can return to another burning passion of his: ' Rockanomics ,' the economics of rock and roll," the president said.
June 15, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- Mac & Mac's Pick: "Representative Beefcake"
OLYMPIA, WA -- Peoria Congressman Aaron Schock has taken some ribbing about being in such good physical shape. Those folks haven't met Washington State Represenative Mike Hope.
June 14, 2013 - WEEK News 25 Central Illinois
- Drew Rosenhaus in USA Today
Marion said he was happy Terence Newman also signed because it would deflect some of the ribbing he's going to get from his teammates,Rosenhaus said.
- Joe Girardi in New York Daily News
I've never seen Derek press, so I don't know what it looks like if he does,said Joe Girardi. "He's getting some ribbing from teammates. But this is going to happen."
- George McGovern in Washington Post
It's a real loss to the country,McGovern said in a telephone interview Sunday. "No. 1, people liked him personally. They liked his enthusiasm. They liked his stories. They liked his ribbing and kidding. Republicans seemed to like him as...