- n a native or resident of Wisconsin
- n sturdy carnivorous burrowing mammal with strong claws; widely distributed in the northern hemisphere
- v annoy persistently
- v persuade through constant efforts
- The "badger game" is so old a criminal trick that dictionaries describe it.
- Teddy Roosevelt had, along with a badger, a toad, some snakes and a pig, a bull terrier named Pete who once ripped the pants of a French ambassador.
- He called Nixon in Washington, and the Vice President assigned James Shepley, his campaign research chief, to badger the State Department once more.
News & Articles
- Badger State Games helps older athletes keep fit and competitive
Three medals clinked togetherin Lorn Gordon's hand this morning as he left Stiehm Stadium after competing in the adult track meet for the Badger State Games.
June 23, 2013 - Wausau Daily Herald
- Badger Media launches customizable application for content sharing and location exploration.
NEW YORK, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Organize and share your digital life with Badger! Badger is a social content-sharing application available for Android that lets you organize and share your ...
June 21, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Madonna Badger returns to work for first time since tragic fire
Nearly 19 months after enduring the loss of her three young daughters and her parents in a house fire on Christmas, Madonna Badger has returned to work.Badger is back at her desk at her successful Badger & Winters ad agency in Manhattan, which she runs with partner Jim Winters, according to a report by Women’s Wear Daily. Badger, 49, spent a majority of her recovery time during the past year a ...
June 21, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Ron Wilson in Washington Post
Anybody who's a hockey fan is going to be watching,US coach Ron Wilson said. "To steal a line from Badger Bob (Johnson, the late coach), it's a great day for hockey."
- Gary Roberts in ESPN
Badger Bob made an example of me,said Roberts. "At the time, I didn't really like him much for it, but I sure thanked him in the end because he had a huge influence on the way I prepared every year after that."
- Pat Richter in Bloomberg
There has never been a more loved and admired ambassador for Badger sports than Elroy Hirsch,Athletic Director Pat Richter said in a statement. "His charismatic and charming personality brought smiles to so many Badger fans."