- n general term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate
- n a fault or defect in a computer program, system, or machine
- n a small hidden microphone; for listening secretly
- n insects with sucking mouthparts and forewings thickened and leathery at the base; usually show incomplete metamorphosis
- n a minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium); the term is not in technical use
- v annoy persistently
- v tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information
Is this hotel room bugged?
- Bed bugs are backand these pests are hard to get rid of.
- Dan Burton thinks the White House bugs his phone.
- Even the experts are stumped by the classification of a tiny bug found under a sycamore tree.
News & Articles
- Bug In iOS 7 Beta Lets Anyone Bypass iPhone Lockscreen To Access Photos
Video Apple's flashy new mobile operating system has been in the public's hands for all of 48 hours. Now one user has already found a bug that blows a hole in its security protections. On Wednesday, 36-year old Jose Rodriguez, an iPhone user who lives on the Spanish island of Tenerife, sent
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Chef Chats Live: 'The Bug Chef,' David George Gordon on eating bugs
With the United Nations recommending more people eat bugs, and cicadas coming to a Connecticut restaurant, we turn to "The Bug Chef," David George Gordon. He'll be talking about bugs as food and answering all your questions. Join us Wednesday, June 12 at 2 p.m. ET for a special live chat!
June 12, 2013 - Inside Bay Area
- Acting Bug Theater Workshop
The Acting Bug Theater Workshop will be open to youth ages 9-13.
June 10, 2013 - The Westerly Sun
- Bart Scott in 940 News
This year the injury bug not only hit us, (it) hit our prime-time players,linebacker Bart Scott said.
- Thad Matta in Forbes
We need the time off since we've been beat up and have been hit by the flu bug,Matta said, adding Ron Lewis and Jamar Butler were bothered by the flu in recent days. "We can take time to get guys back on the right track."
- Bubba Watson in 940 News
I bug him enough, I guess, and he lets me play with him,Watson said. "It's great. ...... I'm just napping at his feet to see how he works and see how he ticks."