- s contaminated with infecting organisms
- s likely to spread and cause an epidemic disease
- s tending to corrupt or pervert
- s causing irritation or annoyance
- But still, there's something pestiferous about those ubiquitous guys.
- A pestiferous dog saves the situationat least for home-loving Wife Sheridanby exhuming a letter from Washington to the Continental Army (modern value: $50,000).
- Last week it did both when it looked at the pestiferous question of pornography.
- Ian Paisley in Times Online
In the 1960s Paisley described journalists as "pestiferous scribbling rodents" who "usually sport thick-lensed glasses, wear six pairs of ropey sandals, are homosexual, kiss holy medals and carry secret membership of the Communist party".