- s exceedingly harmful
- s likely to spread and cause an epidemic disease
a pestilential malignancy in the air"- Jonathan Swift
- It didn't really seem like water, but masses of ash and soil, with such a pestilent odor of sulfur that it couldn't be tolerated even from afar.
- The pestilent congregation consists of 230,000 tons of soot, fly ash and other paniculate matter, 597,000 tons of sulphur dioxide, 298,000 tons of nitrogen oxides, 567,000 tons of .
- It is no terror of Caucasian frost, Nor yet that brooding Hindu heat For which a loin-rag and a dish of rice Suffice until the pestilent monsoon.
News & Articles
- Decoded Tsetse Fly Genome Could Slash Sleeping Sickness Deaths
The pestilent tsetse fly is a scourge in rural Africa. Its bite transmits the parasite that causes sleeping sickness, a potentially fatal disease, to tens of thousands of Africans per year. Presently, insecticides and simply minimizing contact with the bloodsucking insects are our only tactics to prevent the spread of sleeping sickness. However, scientists have this week unlocked a new way to ...
April 25, 2014 - Discover