moved : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically
The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell
- v cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense
The director moved more responsibilities onto his new assistant
- v move so as to change position, perform a nontranslational motion
He moved his hand slightly to the right
- v change residence, affiliation, or place of employment
We moved from Idaho to Nebraska
The basketball player moved from one team to another
- v follow a procedure or take a course
- v be in a state of action
- v go or proceed from one point to another
the debate moved from family values to the economy
- v perform an action, or work out or perform (an action)
- v have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
- v give an incentive for action
This moved me to sacrifice my career
- v arouse sympathy or compassion in
Her fate moved us all
- v dispose of by selling
- v progress by being changed
- v live one's life in a specified environment
- v have a turn; make one's move in a game
- v propose formally; in a debate or parliamentary meeting
- a being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion
too moved to speak
- Likewise, a state that only moved 1-2 points toward Obama is shaded light red, and so forth: We see very little movement here.
- Shortly before she moved to Hawaii, Stanley saw her first foreign film.
- In 1936, they moved on to war-torn Spain, determined to fight totalitarianism with cameras.
News & Articles
- Franklin's Strawberry Stroll moved to Depot Plaza
The Franklin Downtown Partnership’s annual Strawberry Stroll today have been moved into Depot Plaza at 13 Main St. due to the weather forecast. The event will run from 4 to 7 p.m.
June 13, 2013 - The Milford Daily News
- SPORTS: Trinity cheer camp moved to mid-July
The youth cheer camp at Trinity Lutheran High School has been moved to July 16-17.
June 13, 2013 - The Seymour Tribune
- Alive at Five moved to Palace
Alive at Five moved to Palace ALBANY - The day before the show is scheduled, Thursday's Alive at Five concert is already being moved indoors. JT Taylor, the former lead singer of Kool & the Gang, is headlining a show that will now be performed at the Palace Theatre, 19 Clinton Ave. The show starts at 5 p.m. and goes until 8 p.m. The doors will open at 4 p.m. Rain is expected to hit the region on ...
June 12, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Steve Ballmer in guardian.co.uk
Microsoft's chief executive, Steve Ballmer, said: "Despite our best efforts, including raising our bid by roughly $5bn, Yahoo has not moved toward accepting our offer. After careful consideration, we believe the economics demanded by Yahoo do not...
- Jimmie Johnson in Washington Post
I'm not good at doing that stuff,Johnson said. "Usually I crash myself in the process. So I tried it once and moved him. The second time I moved him out of the way and got by him."
- Tony Kornheiser in New York Daily News
My fear of planes is legendary and sadly true,Kornheiser said. "When I looked at the upcoming schedule it was the perfect storm that would've frequently moved me from bus to air. I kept looking at the schedule the past month and wanted to...