- v move an implement through
- v move very slightly
- v stir feelings in
- v stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of
- v affect emotionally
- v summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
- v to begin moving, "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
- v mix or add by stirring
- a being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion
- s emotionally aroused
- s set into a usually circular motion in order to mix or blend
- And Churchill differed from Roosevelt while both were war leaders, Churchill was uniquely stirred by the challenge of war and found his fulfillment in leading the democracies .
- Although one's pulse may have been quickened, real sentiment was never stirred.
- PRO: A billboard featuring her naked, emaciated body stirred controversy went it went on display in Milan during Fashion Week, drawing attention to the anorexia-related deaths of .
News & Articles
- Los Angeles police see no sign of foul play in journalist's death
By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Police said on Thursday there was no sign of foul play in the fiery car crash near Hollywood that killed journalist Michael Hastings, whose 2010 magazine article led to the ouster of the top U.S. military commander in Afghanistan. Hastings died when the car he was driving slammed into a tree and burst into flames early on Tuesday in a wreck that stirred ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Weighing the pros and cons of Medicaid expansion
The Medicaid expansion through the Affordable Care Act has stirred up a lot of debate over the last few months.
June 20, 2013 - TV 7&4 Traverse City
- Serena Williams apologizes for rape case remark
(Reuters) - Serena Williams has apologized for comments she made in a forthcoming interview in which she appeared to assign blame to the 16-year-old victim in the Steubenville, Ohio, rape case for being drunk. The comments were reported in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine and stirred up U.S. media attention on Wednesday. "What happened in Steubenville was a real shock for me. I was ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
This is another one of those distractions that get stirred up during the campaign,Obama said.
- Joe Torre in SI.com
When he says something, you understand it's his team and he has the right to be unhappy,Torre said. "He's stirred the pot here for a lot of years, and it's paid off."
- Rick Hendrick in 940 News
This Junior thing has stirred up the world,Hendrick said. "It's one of those deals where you say 'Do I want to pass this up when you're so close to it? Do you influence it or not try to influence it?' Then the situation with Kyle came up...