- n United States tennis player who in 1938 was the first to win the Australian and French and English and United States singles championship in the same year (1915-2000)
- v move very slightly
- Mama San won't budge from $1,000.
- When most refused to budge, the police moved in and began making arrests.
- But some demonstrators sat down on the ground and refused to budge; they were hauled off bodily.
News & Articles
- Pay to Play as Harford cuts school budge
Harford County Public Schools have approved a $464 million budget which includes cuts to staff and teachers and creates a pay to play plan for student activities.
June 11, 2013 - ABC 2 Baltimore
- Google Buys Navigation App Waze
Google finally purchased Israeli-based social navigation app, Waze. Google is letting Waze's development team remain in Israel, something that Facebook reportedly wouldn't budge on and ultimately ended buyout talks. Facebook wanted them to move to Silicon Valley.
June 11, 2013 - Business Insider
- Nick Clegg in guardian.co.uk
Lib Dem leader Mr Clegg said: "Gordon Brown won't budge. He wants to replace what at the moment is a flawed system with a system which, in my view, is even more flawed. He seemed determined to put what I think is a spectacular step in the wrong...
- Bernard Fellay in Guardian Unlimited
Ecumenism, religious liberty and collegiality remain the points of contention over which we will not budge,Fellay wrote earlier this year.
- Ravi Shankar in Oneindia
He further added, "We will not budge or fall into the trap of miscreants. These tactics of threat and hiding behind fictitious stories will not work."