- v have an effect upon
- v act physically on; have an effect upon
- v connect closely and often incriminatingly
- v make believe with the intent to deceive
- v have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
- a acted upon; influenced
- a speaking or behaving in an artificial way to make an impression
- a being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion
- The number of those severely affected by climate change is more than 10 times greater than, for instance, those injured in traffic accidents each year and more than the global .
- PTIs Person of the Year is bestowed by the editors on the person or persons who most affected the news and our lives, for good or ill, and embodied what was important about the .
- Number of people potentially affected: 275,000 Type of pollutant: Organic chemicals, oil and heavy metals Source of pollution: Petrochemical and industrial complexes .
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
Every American affected by this spill should know this: Your government will do whatever it takes, for as long as it takes, to stop this crisis,Obama said while standing in a heavy rain in Venice, Louisiana.
- David Cameron in IBNLive.com
Prime Minister David Cameron told the House of Commons that "the government will do everything it possibly can to help the local community and those affected."
- Bill Belichick in Washington Post
At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling,Belichick said in a written statement. "Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players....