- n a nerve that passes impulses from receptors toward or to the central nervous system
- a of nerves and nerve impulses; conveying sensory information from the sense organs to the CNS
- Sensations, messages from the outer world, are carried by afferent nerves to definite lobes and to definite locations in these lobes.
- Like a kink in a garden hose, spinal trauma cuts off the flow of information that travels along afferent nerves, which send signals from the body to the brain, and efferent nerves .
- This kind of sensitive prosthetic would recruit afferent nerves to send tactile information from paralyzed limbs to other parts of the body, where the sensations could be perceived.