afghan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a blanket knitted or crocheted in strips or squares; sometimes used as a shawl
- n a native or inhabitant of Afghanistan
- n an Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan and Pakistan; the official language of Afghanistan
- n a coat made of sheepskin
- n tall graceful breed of hound with a long silky coat; native to the Near East
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people
- David Petraeus in Los Angeles Times
Assuming command Sunday, Petraeus told his troops that while civilian safety remains a critical consideration, "as you and our Afghan partners on the ground get into tough situations, we must employ all assets to ensure your safety."
- Barack Obama in msnbc.com
I say to the American people, this is a change in personnel, but it is not a change in policy,Obama said. "He has worked closely with the Afghan and Pakistan governments and with all our partners in the region. He has my full confidence...