- n the basic unit of money in Afghanistan
- n an Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan and Pakistan; the official language of Afghanistan
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people
- Already she is making her own kites to sell to neighborhood children at one afghani (2) apiece.
- A Kabul black-market money changer claimed that the dollar's recent rise against the afghani, from 52 to 45, was due to the sudden influx of dollars.
News & Articles
- Afghani kids coming to Coeur d'Alene for medical treatment
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Five children from Afghanistan are arriving at Spokane Airport Friday night for specialized medical treatment this summer from a team of doctors in Coeur D’Alene. The children are being flown in from Kabul, Afghanistan. All of them have debilitating conditions, ranging from congenital birth defects to war wounds. The kids will get treatment they cannot obtain in their ...
June 22, 2013 - KREM.com Spokane
- Dining review: Kabob House gives Boise a taste of eclectic Afghani cuisine
Faraidon Osmani has traveled great distances to bring his Afghan cuisine to Boise. As a young adult, he left Kabul, Afghanistan, and headed to medical school in Russia, where he became a general physician. But the food from his childhood was never far from his mind.
June 20, 2013 - The Idaho Statesman
- Senate approves bill named for Lt. Col. Todd Clark
Legislation named for a Capitol Region soldier killed last week in Afghanistan is one step closer to becoming law. The Senate Thursday afternoon unanimously approved the Lt. Col. Todd Clark Flag Presentment Bill.
June 20, 2013 - WNYT Albany
- Ayman al-Zawahri in CBS News
The women of Afghanistan may face the most unbearable conditions, but they never stop fighting for survival. Of course, we, the rest of the women around the world, took too long to hear the cries of our Afghani sisters, but I am here to tell them... Michaelle Jean http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micha%C3%ABlle_Jean&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEpJGbP01-gWZUHpqS9KPGHbTiq2g Canada.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.canada.com/topics/news/world/story.html%3Fid%3D4deadb26-0cdf-40c1-81b1-2a52707e3d5d%26k%3D61051&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGbVbZG4nQWM3wtgOcKJUZTl0nc6A Mar 7, 2007
1851 2511 afghani I direct my speech today to my Muslim brothers in Kabul who lived the bitter events yesterday and saw by their own eyes a new proof of the criminal acts of the American forces against the Afghani people," al-Zawahri said on the videotape.
- Winston Peters in International Herald Tribune
Up to 2 million people have been affected, with at least 100,000 homeless. Most of those worst hit by the flood are poor and disadvantaged, including many Afghani refugees,Peters said in a statement.