- s lighted up by or as by fire or flame
forests set ablaze (or afire) by lightning
- Lwow, the Ukrainian capital, was bombed, strafed, set afire, its water supply cut off, but the invaders did not stop to occupy it.
- Purdy set his station wagon afire with a gasoline-filled beer bottle.
- The quintuplets born to Mary Ann Fischer, 30, wife of a billing clerk in a wholesale grocery, were thriving, and the town was afire with pride.
- Mike Huckabee in International Herald Tribune
We certainly come into this scene with momentum,Huckabee said, likening his bid to "a house afire."
- Jim McDermott in San Diego Union Tribune
Everywhere they go on the Internet, all they see is the draft, the draft, the draft,said Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash. "The Rock the Vote effort among kids in this country is afire and they (Republicans) know it. They're trying their best to...
- Omar Abdullah in Thaindian.com (blog)
The result was bad governance, and at the end of the day they ended up in setting afire the state and creating religious and regional divisions,Omar said, referring to the Amarnath land row that left the people divided on Hindu-Muslim lines.