- v call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
- v stop sleeping
- v summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
- v cause to be alert and energetic
- v cause to become awake or conscious
- v to begin moving, "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
- v stimulate sexually
- s aroused to action
the aroused opposition
- s emotionally aroused
- s brought to a state of great tension
- s feeling great sexual desire
- s keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement
- s (of persons) excessively affected by emotion
- One conceded that she possessed "a capacity for violent action," which may have been aroused by Sylvia's calling her daughter Stephanie, 15, a whore.
- Half of the group reported being aroused (notably between the ages of ten and twelve) by experiences that have no obvious connection with sex, such as seeing a big fire, hearing .
- Even as Southern gentlemen have been time and again aroused to the hanging, burning and mutilation of human flesh in expiation for the black ravishment of their white women, so .
News & Articles
- Robert W. Fogel, Nobel-Winning Economist, Dies at 86
Mr. Fogel was widely known for work that aroused objections if not open hostility through his pioneering use of cliometrics, which applies economic theory and statistic methods to history.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- Eyeball Licking Fetish Causing Pink Eye Outbreak In Japan
A new sexual fetish sweeping across Japan has led to an outbreak of pink eye in schools, unofficially called "oculolinctus," Fans of the fetish become sexually aroused by licking their partner's eyeballs or having their own eyeballs licked. Authorities first became aware that something was going on when kids began showing up at school wearing eye patches. Pink eye is caused by bacteria getting ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views
- U.S. surveillance revelations deepen European fears
By Georgina Prodhan and Claire Davenport VIENNA/BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Europeans reacted angrily on Friday to revelations that U.S. authorities had tapped the servers of internet companies for personal data, saying they confirmed their worst fears about American Web giants and showed tighter regulations were needed. The Washington Post and the Guardian aroused outrage with reports that the ...
June 8, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Porntip Rojanasunan in FOXNews
If you hang yourself by the neck, you don't need so much pressure to kill yourself. Those who get highly sexually aroused tend to forget this fact,Pornthip said.
- Salma Yaqoob in Guardian Unlimited
This area is now referred to as a hotbed of radical Islam, and it is difficult to undo the feelings that have been aroused in the last 24 hours,Salma Yaqoob, a member of the Birmingham City Council representing the anti-war Respect Party,...
- Elie Wiesel in FOXNews
Personally, it hurt me. It aroused a certain fear in me that I thought was gone,Wiesel said. "But it was beyond me. (Hunt's) text was against the Jewish people. It was an attack on the honor of an entire people. That's why it upset me so...