- v cause to become awake or conscious
- v stop sleeping
- After he left the apartment, Nussbaum tried several times to waken Lisa, but abandoned the effort because she thought Steinberg could use supernatural healing powers to revive Lisa .
- Hispanics have overtaken African Americans as the country's largest minority, the swing vote to woo, the sleeping giant to waken.
- The general's statement, announced Radio Baghdad, "will neither shake the leaves of Iraqi palm trees nor waken a sleeping girl.
News & Articles
- Mornings without 'Piolín por la Mañana'
'Piolín por la Mañana' had been losing listenership as younger Latinos increasingly tune in to English-language formats. But many say they will miss the warmhearted Eddie Sotelo. From the barbershops of El Monte to a mariachi outfitter's in Boyle Heights, many Southern Californians struggled Tuesday to make sense of the sudden disappearance of the wacky, warmhearted man they'd waken up with for ...
July 24, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Tommy Tuberville in The Huntsville Times - al.com
Robert has overcome his problem, hopefully,Tuberville said. "I think he has waken up a little bit. His big deal for us is punt returns. That is going to be the one thing we are going to need to get out of him for the next couple of games."
- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in AINA
Zarqawi wrote: "If we succeed in dragging the Shia into the arena of sectarian war, it will become possible to waken the inattentive Sunnis as they feel imminent danger. The only solution is for us to strike the religious and military and other...
- Sean Fallon in Scotsman
Sean Fallon, standing in for manager Jock Stein, said: "This defeat could be a good thing for us. It will waken them up for Saturday."