- n the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event)
in the wake of the accident no one knew how many had been injured
- n an island in the western Pacific between Guam and Hawaii
- n the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward
the motorboat's wake capsized the canoe
- n a vigil held over a corpse the night before burial
there's no weeping at an Irish wake
- v be awake, be alert, be there
- v stop sleeping
- v arouse or excite feelings and passions
- v make aware of
- v cause to become awake or conscious
Please wake me at 6 AM.
- Some students need nothing short of a bullhorn blaring in their face in order to wake up; others might appreciate a more subtle approach.
- And he promised that this family, at least, this old and bruised and sturdy family, would stand by in an eternal wake.
- Wise pilots do not have to be told to fly clear of the wakes of nearby aircraft, especially big ones.
News & Articles
- Wake Boarder Encounters Grand Isle Water Spouts
Water spouts in Grand Isle gave one wake boarder the ride of a lifetime. “It was definitely the biggest one I’ve ever seen,” says Robert Vegas who just opened Wake Side Cable Park just six weeks ago.
June 21, 2013 - ABC 26 New Orleans
- Wake Up Naples: photos
Guests enjoyed a breakfast buffet June 12 during Wake Up Naples at the Hilton.
June 21, 2013 - The News-Press
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
A natural gas leak in Wake Forest led to the evacuation of residents on parts of Seventh Street.
June 19, 2013 - ABC11 Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville
- Gary Coleman in Hindustan Times
I direct my personal representative to permit no members of the press to be present at my wake or funeral,Coleman stated.
- Virgil Goode in Washington Post
In close collaboration with the Treasury and the Securities and Exchange Commission, we have been in ongoing discussions with market participants, including through the weekend, to identify potential market vulnerabilities in the wake of an... Ben Bernanke http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsTNLK-7-f3R5-thHohB-P27CEdw Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSN1358253120080915&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHGMZLU9yy4WT12TTHA1bqEFu27-Q Sep 14, 2008
108699 142547 wake The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt (my) position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the...