- v cause to become awake or conscious
- v stop sleeping
- v make aware
They were awakened to the sad facts
- LUCAS: I put the Force into the movie in order to try to awaken a certain kind of spirituality in young people--more a belief in God than a belief in any particular religious system.
- I awaken, for the first time, without instinctively looking at the silenced television.
- And now she has this very moving film, which at the least must awaken our compassion and, perhaps, our donations.
News & Articles
- 10 Amazing Free-Kick Goals You Have to See
In football, the free- kick is rare in that, if it is awarded close enough to the goal, it can awaken dull games and change results, sometimes both in one sitting. As long as there is a player on the pitch who has put in enough hours on the training ground bending the ball through a tyre suspended from the crossbar, once the ball is placed anywhere inside that invisible 30-yard arc around the ...
June 24, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Night terrors can be even more frightening for parent than child
A very attentive grandmother in my office asked me if I would cover the topic of night terrors in children.Night terrors, or sleep terrors, are when a child appears to awaken out of sleep and be terrified. They might scream, jump out of bed or flail their arms. They may even speak in phrases like "g...
June 23, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Steve's weekend forecast - Summer is here
You Will Awaken to Summer Tomorrow Morning - Summer Begins 1:04 AM Friday!
June 20, 2013 - FOX 19 Cincinnati
- Rosie Stancer in CNN International
If I can come back as an ordinary person with a firsthand account, that message will hit home and awaken individual consciences about cleaning up our own back yard,said Stancer.
- Osama bin Laden in USA Today
Palestine will not return to us with the negotiations by the submissive rulers, their conferences nor by demonstrations and elections,bin Laden said. "Palestine will come back to us if we awaken from our ignorance and adhere to our...
- Denise Brown in Reuters
Denise Brown, the sister of victim Nicole Brown Simpson, said in a statement, "It's unfortunate that Simpson has decided to awaken a nightmare that we have painfully endured and worked so hard to move beyond."