- v put into a proper or systematic order
- v make arrangements for
- v plan, organize, and carry out (an event)
- v set (printed matter) into a specific format
- v arrange attractively
- v adapt for performance in a different way
- v arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events
- a disposed or placed in a particular kind of order
the carefully arranged chessmen
haphazardly arranged interlobular septa
comfortable chairs arranged around the fireplace
- s planned in advance
an arranged marriage
- s deliberately arranged for effect
- Demonizing arranged marriages is the latest portrayal of Indians as savages that has continued during five centuries since the Spanish conquest, says Ximena Avellaneda of the .
- Like high schoolers everywhere, they have arranged themselves by type: jocks, preps, cheerleaders, dorks, punks and gamers, all with tables of their own.
- I'm going to be on NPR's All Things Considered this evening talking about the news that CBS has signed up a reality show involving arranged marriages from Magical Elves, the .
News & Articles
- Return of the Maddon gnome: Aug. 3
As hinted, the Rays have arranged for a second giveaway of the popular Joe Maddon gnome, on Aug. 3 vs. the Giants.
June 13, 2013 - Tampa Bay Times
- Fort Hood soldier accused of paying for sex
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Authorities on Wednesday charged a Fort Hood sergeant with paying for sex with a soldier in a prostitution scheme allegedly arranged by a low-level coordinator of the Texas Army post's sexual assault prevention program.
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Tony Winner Stephen Oremus Arranged "Frozen" Film, Featuring Songs by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez
Stephen Oremus, who took home the 2013 Tony Award for the Best Orchestrations of Kinky Boots, arranged music for the upcoming Disney animated feature "Frozen," which takes a page from Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen."
June 10, 2013 - Playbill
- Kofi Annan in International Herald Tribune
Given the level of violence, the level of killing and bitterness and the way that forces are arranged against each other, a few years ago, when we had the strife in Lebanon and other places, we called that a civil war; this is much worse,...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Forbes
I'm sure that can be arranged,Clinton joked.
- Max Clifford in WalesOnline
Mr Clifford said: "I imagine Jade will be busy, though she should be resting. Everyone is urging her to conserve her energy for the big day, for Sunday, but there are still so many things to be finalised and arranged because the whole wedding has...