- v perform (a play), especially on a stage
- v plan, organize, and carry out (an event)
the neighboring tribe staged an invasion
- v attend a dance or a party without a female companion
- v give away information about somebody
- v watch, observe, or inquire secretly
- a written for or performed on the stage
a staged version of the novel
- s deliberately arranged for effect
one of those artfully staged photographs
- An untitled staged photograph from the book Twilight.
- He lobbied for the latter with a staged amble through a park that ended with his stepping in it.
- Staged photographs produce some class acts .
News & Articles
- Egypt's Islamists rally to show Morsi support - and warn opponents
CAIRO – Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood staged a massive rally in Cairo on Friday to show support for President Mohammed Morsi – and to issue a warning to those who hope to push him out of office.The crowds gathered in an effort to show that Morsi supporters outnumber those who oppose him in advance of opposition demonstrations planned for June 30.Opposition “Rebel!” alliance representatives say they ...
June 22, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Free Staged Reading of Oil , with D.C. Anderson and Raissa Dorff, Offered June 20
A free staged reading of Marco Calvani s comedy Oil is presented June 20 at the Robert Moss Theatre (440 Lafayette Street).
June 20, 2013 - Playbill
- Live, staged plays
Readers Theatre Summer Showcase, the annual series of live, staged readings of new and established plays continues Thursday, June 27, at 7 p.m., with Terrence Rattigan’s British classic, The Browning Version , in the Lovell Room.
June 20, 2013 - Stratford Star
- President Bush in Javno.hr
I believe that the change from Fidel Castro ought to begin a period of democratic transition,said Bush. "Eventually this transition ought to lead to free and fair elections. And I mean free, and I mean fair -- not these kinds of staged...
- Bernie Ecclestone in The Age
The only way the race could stay in Melbourne, or anywhere else in Australia, is if it is staged during the night so that the public in Europe can watch it,Ecclestone told The Mail On Sunday. "At the moment, it is ridiculous that people...
- Scott Aukerman in New York Times
In a post on his blog, Scott Aukerman, a writer for the event, said: "Yes, the Bruno/Eminem incident was staged. That's all anyone wants to talk about, so let's get it out of the way. They rehearsed it at dress and yes, it went as far as it did on...