- v speak out against
He denounced the Nazis
- v to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful
He denounced the government action
- v announce the termination of, as of treaties
- v give away information about somebody
- They manifestly do not denounce the offensive comments that stirred up the trouble to begin with and then tell Americans to grow up and deal with the fact that those same .
- Some conservative Evangelicals denounce megacongregations as devotion lite, delivering plenty of entertainment but asking for little commitment.
- Muslim clerics denounce her bump-and-grind dancing, attempt to ban her concerts, even pray for rain to keep impressionable fans away from her shows, yet politicians are lining up .
News & Articles
- Opponents denounce Clay vicious dog ordinance, call for non-breed specific rules
CLAY, Alabama -- People lined the wall at a standing room only Clay City Council meeting this evening as opponents denounced a recently enacted vicious dog ordinance.That ordinance, passed after Jefferson County Sheriff Mike Hale shot one of a pack...
June 18, 2013 - Birmingham News
- GE Engine Venture Claims Savings Pratt Calls ‘Garbage’
The rivalry over engine sales for more than 1,100 narrow-body jets flared anew when a fuel-saving claim by a General Electric Co. (GE) - Safran SA (SAF) joint venture spurred Pratt & Whitney to denounce the assertion as “garbage.”
June 17, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Southern Baptists denounce Scouts for allowing gay youth
Southern Baptists denounce Scouts for allowing gay youth Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 11:29 am, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 Just one man spoke in opposition to a resolution passed by Southern Baptists on Wednesday denouncing the Boy Scouts of America for allowing openly ...
June 12, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Barack Obama in CBS News
I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy,Obama writes. "I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also...
- Jesse Jackson Jr in ABC7Chicago.com
I reject and denounce pay-to-play politics and have no involvement whatsoever in any wrongdoing,said Jackson in December 2008, on the day after Blagojevich was arrested.
- Paul Haggis in AFP
The church's refusal to denounce the actions of these bigots, hypocrites and homophobes is cowardly. I can think of no other word,Haggis wrote in the August 19 letter that was later published on the blog of former Scientologist Marty Rathbun....