- n a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services
he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod
- n small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done
- n a course of instruction in a trade (as carpentry or electricity)
I built a birdhouse in shop
- v do one's shopping
She goes shopping every Friday
- v do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
- v shop around; not necessarily buying
- v give away information about somebody
- Hotels and car-rental companies will discount drastically to use up inventory, so keep shopping even after you buy.
- A place to comparison shop and research products, this site has plans in the works to offer free Internet service without forcing a user to watch a bunch of ads.
- For shop owner Varadharajan, that much economic growth still wouldn't justify all the malls being planned for a small town like Gurgaon.
News & Articles
- Litchfield Stop & Shop Opposition Group Members Appeal Wetlands Approval
The site plan for the proposed new Stop & Shop. LITCHFIELD--Two residents who are members of the opposition PLAN Litchfield have filed an appeal of the Inland Wetlands Commission’s approval of an application to build a new, 38,000-square-foot Stop & Shop at the rear of Village Green Plaza.
June 17, 2013 - Litchfield County Times
- SIU Craft Shop offers kids’ summer craft classes
CARBONDALE— SIU’s Craft Shop is offering multiple opportunities this summer for children to combine learning with fun through activities designed especially for them.
June 17, 2013 - The Southern Illinoisan
- Chop shop and pot grow busted in Tulare County
In the South Valley authorities found a car full of marijuana plants and a chop shop all in one place.
June 17, 2013 - KFSN-TV Fresno
- Mike Huckabee in Washington Post
And some of the most memorable moments were the lighter ones, as when former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee joked that the Congress had "spent money like John Edwards at a beauty shop," an allusion to reports that the Democratic candidate had...
- Viviane Reding in Xinhua
Pan-European telecom services, such as in-flight mobile telephony, need a regulatory 'one-stop shop' to operate throughout Europe and this is why the Commission has acted today,said EU Telecoms Commissioner Viviane Reding.
- Gordon Brown in guardian.co.uk
Acknowledging a sense of public indignation that failed bankers are being rewarded with large payouts, Brown said: "Most people who have worked hard to build up their firm or shop don't understand why any company would give rewards for failure, or...