- n a group's refusal to have commercial dealings with some organization in protest against its policies
- v refuse to sponsor; refuse to do business with
- From PTI Magazine December 31, 1956 THE SOUTH "A Great Ride" On a foggy, warm morning last week, the Negro boycott against the Montgomery, Alabama City bus lines came to an end .
- The Leaders Behind the Boycott When the Montgomery bus boycott began in December 1955, Rosa Lee McCauley Parks was already a seasoned civil rights activist working to bring an end to .
- A mini-Olympics? That was the possibility last week as no fewer than 39 nations announced that they would boycott next October's Mexico City games in protest over the International.
News & Articles
- Boycott at 'Hands On' Children's Museum in Jacksonville
On Saturday, Boycott The Hands on Children's Museum Jacksonville held a demonstration along the sidewalks where the "Hands On" Children's Museum is located. Children delivered a petition letter that had over 2900 signatures to the museum.
June 23, 2013 - First Coast News
- Colo. wildlife officials see no signs of hunter boycott
GUNNISON x2013 Colorado wildlife officials say they see no signs that hunters across the country are boycotting Colorado because of new laws meant to curtail gun violence, but they wonx2019t know for sure until October or November.Hunters and gun-rights activists threatened a boycott earlier this year after state lawmakers passed...
June 21, 2013 - The Durango Herald
- Boycott of meeting leads to cancellation
In protest of a July 1 swearing-in date for new city council members, incoming Councilmen Peter Wangsness and Brian Crafts boycotted a special committee meeting on Monday. In addition, current council
June 19, 2013 - San Pedro Valley News-Sun
- Nancy Pelosi in CBS News
I believe a boycott of the Beijing Olympics would unfairly harm our athletes who have worked so hard to prepare for the competition,Pelosi said in a statement.
- Jacques Rogge in TV3 News
The International Olympic Committee has consistently resisted calls for a boycott of the Olympic games,Rogge said.
- Barack Obama in Leading The Charge
If the Chinese do not take steps to help stop the genocide in Darfur and to respect the dignity, security and human rights of the Tibetan people, then the president should boycott the opening ceremonies,Obama said.