- n (military) a secret agent hired by a state to obtain information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors
- n a secret watcher; someone who secretly watches other people
- v catch sight of
- v watch, observe, or inquire secretly
- v catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes
- v secretly collect sensitive or classified information; engage in espionage
spy for the Russians
- The Spy Who Came in From the Cold: Even if John le Carre's book isn't authentic, nobody except another certified spy can be sure.
- THE EXCHANGE SPOOKED CIA OFFICIALS WHO HAVE LONG SUSpected that the Soviet Union had a spy in the agency during the cold war.
- A tale of the diplomat, his spy paramour, and his wife also a spy keeps getting weirder.
News & Articles
- Czech spy scandal threatens Necas as officials held
Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas is in a scrap to keep his job after prosecutors said one of his closest aides illegally ordered intelligence officers to spy on three people and was involved in a bribery case where ex- lawmakers were offered jobs at state-owned companies.
June 15, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- SKorea's ex-spy chief indicted in election scandal
SEOUL, South Korea—South Korea's former spy chief has been indicted on charges of meddling in last year's presidential election by ordering an online smear campaign against opposition candidates and their parties, prosecutors said Friday.
June 14, 2013 - Denver Post
- Latest Spy Shots: BMW 1-Series GT Caught In The Wild
These latest spy shots of the BMW 1-series GT show the interior of the car for the first time. Only the steering wheel appears to remain unchanged from the current 1-series, with most panels being redesigned in some way.
June 13, 2013 - Auto Spies
- Robert Gates in Reuters India
Many of you have backgrounds in diplomacy or politics,Gates, a former CIA director, told the same Munich conference. "I have, like your second speaker yesterday (Putin), a starkly different background -- a career in the spy business. And,...
- Chris Huhne in ZDNet Asia
We shall continue to target you at home and abroad, just as you target us, at home and abroad, and these spy dens, and military command and control centres from which you plotted your aggression against Afghanistan and Iraq, and which still provide... Adam Gadahn http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yahiye_Gadahn&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE5ZkFM0-eG9w8CWmCwCEyndu3QUg Ninemsn http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx%3Fid%3D67181&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF2lVPrKHL9r_tnqFEA5xhSNowngw Oct 13, 2005
93679 124504 spy The government forgets that George Orwell's 1984 was a warning, and not a blueprint," said Huhne. "We are still a long way from living under the Stasi, but it beggars belief that is necessary to spy on one in every 78 adults."